Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray! For DNA! (and RNA too)

  Hello! It's SuperSara talking about DNA and RNA. DNA stands for deoxyribonucleic acid (try saying that 5 times fast). RNA stands for ribonucleic acid.



    So... DNA. Contains everything about you. Not me. You. Well, my DNA contains info about me, and your DNA contains info about you! Let's say you have blonde hair, like me. That's in your DNA. DNA is a double helix found in the nucleus (sounds familiar...) and has tons of information about yourself.

 

  No one has the exact same DNA as you. Not your mom, your dad, your brother, or your sister. The only people that have the exact same DNA are indentical twins. Identical twins are just basically clones. Clones are organisms that share the same exact genetic information. DNA has the letters g (guanine),t (thymine),a (adenine), and c(cytosine). These help make the genetic recipe. (You'll get what I mean when you watch the video at the very end)

                                                

 
  Now let's go on to RNA. RNA stands for ribonucleic acid, again! RNA and DNA are very similar, they're buddies! They also have many differences too. One of the differences you will see below in the video. FUN FACT: (sorry teemy) RNA helps to make protein.



Here's a really cool video by the guy who does the what's the weather song!



Well, hopefully I'll get assigned another blog post about DNA because it's really interesting... SuperSaraSuperBye!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job as usual, SuperSara. It was a little short, but hey. All of ours was. I like your video and I like how you included so many pictures. I like your blog, period. And anyone who doesn't is nuts(Jalen). KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

    ReplyDelete