Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Metallic Bombs, Covalent Bombs, and Ionic Bombs

BOMBS?! Sorry I meant bonds... Hello? Trying to funny here? Haha well anyways... SUPERSARA AT'CHA HERE WITH A BLOG ABOUT( DRUM ROLL PLEASE, [I missed them]) THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN METALLIC BONDS, COVALENT BONDS AND IONIC BONDS!!!!! (I know right?? I don't what these mean either) So... umm lets find out~! We just watched sooooper dooooper long video so I will attach the video in case you have alot of free time on your hands.




Ok, so the video explains alot, but this is SUPERSARAS BLOG!!! I'm not gonna attach a video and say," ok bye, the video was your learning teacher person!!" Especially because this video is 13 minutes long... but thats besides the point! Okay, so what goes on in this video you ask? SuperSara will explain:

  • Ionic Bond- A chemical bond between two ions with opposite charges. This basically means that two atoms with opposite charges may join together. An example of this is NaCl which is the chemical symbol (abbreviation for name) of... you guessed it.. salt! It's made up one sodium atom and one chlorine atom (sodium chloride). Here's a picture:


    Ionic Bond

  • Covalent Bond-  A chemical bond formed by the sharing of one or more electrons, especially pairs of electrons, between atoms. A good example of this is when two hydrogen atoms bond. Here's a picture:


Covalent Bond



  • Metallic Bond- The chemical bond characteristic of metals, in which mobile valence electrons are shared among atoms. An example is Brass (copper plus zinc). Here is a picture :
                                                                                       Metallic Bond 



  So, now you know the types of bonds. I hope I taught you alot today and please, if you can, watch the video. It's very informative, and verryyy long. If you could *please* watch the video below also it would mean so much to me!! I cant wait for my next blog post, I love making these things!! Okay, SuperSaraSuperBye!!!! 








8 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm like, smart now. Thank you SuperSara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well first a whole pargraph was just talking it was really long though nextime make it shorter nice title though but im pretty sure u knew a little something about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your name isn't Super Sara. It's Anabel, in case no one knew that. But then again, your middle name is Sara. 'Kay, your blog was very informative. It vas better than mine. I really like your video at the end. I also like your pictures. I can't really think 'bout anything I DON'T like. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mom I love you!! <3 (and jalen) really long? its supposed to be long to educate the reader not to give them a few jokes. I try to mkae my blog funny and stick to the info and I think I do a really good job. So if its not in your liking, than dont read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thankd Fatima you did a very good job this week too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHY ARE YOU FIGHTING ON MY BLOG?! FIGHT ON YOUR OWN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mean, seriously! You have a blog,too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME VID ANABEE LUCKILLY IT WASNT AS BORING AS JALENS LOL!!:)

    ReplyDelete