Tuesday, September 28, 2010

HLiNaKRbCsFr NOF!!! ( hill-lih-nahk-rib-cis-fer-noff) LEO SAYS GER!!

  Hey!!! Its SuperSara with another blog post about the difference between Oxidation and reduction!! ( Try to act excited) We just watched a video even LONGER THAN THE LAST ONE!! ( I didn't know it was possible) I would attach the video but, Mr. Sellers says not to, its kinda pointless. Hey, gotta follow the rules! ( SuperSaras life lesson of the day #1) I am very confused about this topic so hopefully, at the end of this blog post, we will both be smarter!

  Okay, so y'all are probably very confused about the whole title. (The HLiNaKRbCsFr NOF!!! ( hill-lih-nahk-rib-cis-fer-noff) LEO SAYS GER!!) So SuperSara will divide it up for ya and you will understand more!! Ok so basically the HLiNaKRbCsFr part was just naming all the elements that give away electrons. They are the first row on the periodic table. Look at the picture below. The elements that are circled in purple are the HLiNaKRbCsFr's. Start with the H on the top left and go down. Again, these are the elements that give away electrons. It's basically like HLiNaKRbCsFr is giving away a bunch of free money ( money in this case is electrons). This is called Oxidation.  Agian, this happens when you give away electrons.


  The "NOF" part stands for nitrogen, oxygen and fluorine. They like to take all the money away from HLiNaKRbCsFr. Since HLiNaKRbCsFr is handing them out, they just take all of them, everything, all the electrons. This is called reduction. They want to become negatively charged, they dont care! So about the Leo says Ger thing, there is a video below explainig oxidation and reduction. Enjoys!
                                            

   I hope in this case, literally, the title explained it all. I hope you all have a good day and I hope this blog post taught you something! SuperSaraSuperBye!!

4 comments:

  1. Anable, my man! I mean, my friend! Great blog as always, but some changes. If you had to highlight 'giving away electrons', you could have highlighted 'taking away electrons'. I don't think your blog should have been centered aroung the title, but hey. It's your blog. I really like the video, and I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, I edited all the stuff so now. its better, thanks to you! Thnak you for all the constructive criticism, it really helps me have greater blog posts in the future, because i am learning from my mistakes. Thank you so much and jalen where is your comment?

    ReplyDelete