Thursday, September 9, 2010

Praseodymium!!! OH MY GOSH HOW DO YOU PRNOUNCE THAT?!?!?!?!?!



 SuperSara at'cha here with a funny story!!!!Okay, so like, 2 minutes ago (its 9/9/10 at 10:35) Mr. Sellers said we could have a free blog post. He also said we could write it on specific element, so I decided to be up for the challenge! Fatima and Jalen wanted to do free day, so of course fatima wanted to do animals. Mr. Sellers then thought we could all do elements, so now Jalen and Fatima are fighting about who gets einsteinium and who get californium! I chose praseodymium (pray-see-oh-dee-um),although I actually have no idea what praseodymium is. Infact, I dont even know how to spell it so I am copying and pasting as we speak! I just chose the longest element name. Lets find out what praseodymium is!!!!

Chemical symbol:  Pr
Atomic Number: 59
Appearance: Soft and Silvery
Color: Silver, duh!

  Praseodymium is a solid!!!! Its melting point 1715 °F. Its Boiling point is 6368 °F. It's Soft,silvery,and white. It is a lanthide, which means it is from the atomic numbers of 58 through 71! Here is another pic of   Praseodymium.


I just want to let you know that this blog post was very short because I had a very limited amount of time. I just figured out about this today so they will longer in the future. SuperSaraSuperBye!!

6 comments:

  1. Anabel, I really like your information, but I was hurt that you didn't capitilize my name. :(
    Okay, so you didn't seperate 'In fact', but ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG! Oh, sorry. But you showed me that 'mariah jones' is still stealing my picture. X-0. *Deep sigh* Anyway, you had really great info. I didn't know anything about whats-it-called. I didn't even know how to pronounce whats-it-called. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Fatima!!!! hope i will get more comments on this post

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i will post a comment! i thought it was gr8! but i still dont no how 2 say it:( sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kool! I can't think of anything wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow kate and and celly and kenneth thanks so much i kinda mumble at the begining but thanks for the comments!!!

    ReplyDelete